PEdSIG is all about promoting paediatric education (undergraduate and postgraduate) and supporting those involved in paediatric education through social media, meetings, written resources and by building a network of paediatricians who want to inspire through great teaching and education.
The PEdSIG Committee is a friendly and enthusiastic group of paediatric educators who help to deliver the PEdSIG vision. We are looking for a new Convenor, and invite you to consider joining us. The Committee usually meets 4 times per year: 2 meetings per year by Zoom or other online platform, a face-to-face business meeting and awayday, and one AGM meeting (usually held during the RCPCH Annual Conference). Key objectives are to deliver the PEdSIG session at the RCPCH and the PEdSIG Winter meeting. Committee members assist in organisation of these meetings, including scoring of abstracts.
The Convenor Role
Has overall responsibility for PEdSIG including managing the constitution and all the officers.
In addition they,
• Are an additional signatory on the accounts (with the PEdSIGtreasurer)
• Are a primary link point for the RCPCH in all aspects
• Are the person other bodies contact in the first instance
• Are responsible for co-ordinating the marking of abstract submissions for the Spring meeting and any other meetings organised under the auspices of PEdSIG
• Assists in organising the meetings
• Acts as a link with the Paediatric GEMS group (Great Education Across Medical Schools).
• Hold PEdSIG officers accountable to the constitution and roles as laid out in this document.
• The Convenor will usually be a consultant or honorary consultant paediatrician, or a trainee within 18 months of completion of speciality training.
The approximate time commitment is half a day per week on average.
Term of Appointment
The appointment will be for an initial period of three years, extendable to up to 5 years.
Informal enquiries to Dr Jonathan Darling, current PEdSIG Convenor [email protected].
An application form (below) and curriculum vitae should be submitted to [email protected].
The deadline for submission of applications will be 17:00 on Monday 28th June 2021!