PEdSIG invites applications for the following committee roles:
The PEdSIG Committee is a friendly and enthusiastic group of paediatric educators who help to deliver the PEdSIG vision. We are looking for three new members, and invite you to consider joining us. The Committee usually meets 4 times per year: 2 meetings per year by Zoom or other online platform, a face-to-face business meeting and awayday, and one AGM meeting (usually held during the RCPCH Annual Conference). Key objectives are to deliver the PEdSIG session at the RCPCH and the PEdSIG Winter meeting. Committee members assist in organisation and delivery of these meetings, including scoring of abstracts and attending the meetings. Closing date for applications Wed 28/10/20.
Supports and deputises for the Convenor as necessary including managing the constitution and all the officers.
In addition the deputy convenor
· is a secondary link point for the RCPCH in all aspects
· assists in co-ordinating the marking of abstract submissions for the Spring meeting and any other meetings organised under the auspices of PEdSIG
· assists in organising the meetings and may represent PEdSIG at the RCPCH Annual Conference Planning Committee.
· will usually be a consultant or honorary consultant paediatrician, or a trainee within 18 months of completion of speciality training.
This role will usually be held by a medical student with an interest in paediatrics and medical education, and involves the following:
· To promote paediatric education and training to their undergraduate colleagues, both in medicine and other healthcare professions
· To establish and develop links with undergraduate paediatric or child-health related societies (e.g. Teddy Bear Hospital)
· To create ideas and expand PEdSIG’s involvement with undergraduates interested in paediatrics
· To promote PEdSIG’s events and awards to their undergraduate peers
· To attend at least one PEDSIG meeting each year whilst in office.
· To promote paediatric education, training and research to their Foundation Year colleagues, both in medicine and other healthcare professions
· To support Foundation Year doctors interested in paediatric training or education
· To formulate and develop ideas to expand PEdSIG’s link with Foundation Year doctors
· To be organised and respond to PEdSIG correspondence in a timely manner
· To attend at least one PEdSIG meeting each year whilst in office
How to apply:
Please fill in and submit the application form below. If you prefer, you can download the form and send the same information to us at [email protected]. For any queries please contact Jonathan Darling ([email protected]).